Work With Me
I partner with individuals and organizations to focus on increased self-awareness, emotional intelligence, people leadership, and creating positive change with lasting results. I help leaders cultivate their style and engage with their employees to create inclusive environments, building committed and effective teams.
Leadership is more than a job title, it’s an opportunity to inspire, collaborate, and impact the people and organization around you. I typically work with people who are preparing for or moving through a transition. We’ll work together to enable you to successfully move through changes, such as:
- New role, promotion, reorg or job change
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Change in scope or direction for your team or organization
- Empowering your team members and foster their growth
- Achieving a better work/life balance
Coaching is an opportunity to increase your self-awareness and expand your leadership capabilities. Through our partnership, you’ll gain a better understanding of your challenges and uncover solutions that are in alignment with your authentic leadership style. You can expect to:
- Develop self-awareness
- Leverage your strengths
- Identify your authentic leadership style
- Cultivate open and honest communication
- Foster innovation and a desire for excellence
- Identify solutions to specific challenges in the workplace
Joining a workshop cohort is a great way to expand your leadership capabilities while engaging with others who are facing similar challenges. What benefits can you expect?
- Increased confidence. It’s easy for insecurity to seep in when you feel like you’re the only one stuck on a problem. When you join a cohort, you’ll connect with others who face similar challenges and have similar questions. Cohort discussions offer a safe space to not only ask questions, but also to share ideas that lead to insights and new solutions.
- Improved leadership skills. We easily connect through commonalities, but we also connect with others by learning from our differences. Within a cohort, you’ll compare notes with people with different backgrounds, experiences, and in different stages of learning — all who have real-world experiences with the ups and downs of leadership.
- Lasting connections. Relationships rooted in growth often continue blooming well after the workshop ends. Cohort connections are strong and long-lasting. You’ll continue to be inspired, supported, and applauded by your new friends and colleagues as your leadership journey continues.
Women in Leadership
Working in tech, I was often the only woman in the room. We’ve made progress when it comes to women in the workplace, but we still have a long way to go to achieve equal representation at all levels. Women face a variety of challenges as they seek to excel and rise in their profession. I believe uplifting women into leadership roles will help create the change we want to see.
The Women in Leadership workshop helps you:
- Define what showing up authentically means to you
- Explore your core values and their impact on your leadership style
- Understand your strengths and how you use them
- Build your network and expand your sphere of influence
- Communicate your vision and build consensus
A cornerstone of inclusive leadership is psychological safety. Leaders can promote inclusion by creating an environment where team members feel they can speak up, share their ideas, ask questions, and make mistakes without the threat of punishment. This workshop includes a variety of techniques to help you foster open and honest communication, motivate your team members, and empower your employees to be innovative.
The Inclusive Leadership workshop helps you:
- Foster inclusion and innovation
- Create a safe environment where people can speak up and feel heard
- Balance psychological safety with accountability
- Inspire others to do their best work
- Communicate more effectively both in 1:1 and group settings
You want a high-performing team of happy employees that are empowered to engage their skills and connect with their colleagues to deliver results. And, your team is made up of individuals with different strengths, perspectives, and personalities. How do you enable individuals to bring their unique skills and perspectives in a way that fosters collaboration to achieve team goals?
I work with leaders and teams to create an environment that is:
- Innovative: where people collaborate, exchange ideas, and solve tough challenges
- Empowering: where people have clarity about their roles and responsibilities, and have a sense of ownership
- Engaging: where team members are connected to each other and see how their contribution fits into the big picture
Collaborate with Confidence: Building Psychological Safety in Teams
Effective communication is key to building supportive connections — a vital component to high performance and productivity within a team. Do your team members feel they can safely share their ideas, ask questions, and raise concerns? Or are they worried about the reactions of others? Psychological Safety fosters an inclusive environment where your team feels safe to express themselves with each other and management.
Maximize Your Team’s Potential: Strengths-Based Team Design
Success happens naturally when operating with confidence. Positive Psychology, therefore, focuses on the character strengths and resilience of team members, both as individuals and within the group, and how their preferred habits and behaviors help them deliver intended results the fastest — encouraging the team to work smarter by leaning on each other’s strengths, rather than solely on their own.
Work with Me
I am here to guide you, challenge you, and have your back.
By working together, we can achieve great things.
Melissa’s approach was incredibly helpful to discovering insights to recurring challenges I was facing. Her thoughtful questions and natural curiosity helped me clear away the clutter and focus on achieving the results I was looking for. I know she can do the same for you.
This program really helped me take a step back and think about what my true values are instead of just running full speed towards what I think my goals are.
The program helped me to understand my emotions that I am feeling inside me and how to control and channel them to positive energy. 1:1 session really helped to address my inner fear which I didn’t want to say aloud. Melissa helped me to create a plan to achieve my goals. I think now I am more focused and determined to do any task.
Coaching sessions were an opportunity to take a step back and be an observer of my own actions, words and behavior, but also the ones of my peers and my direct reports. This allowed me to understand what’s holding me back from being the leader I’m aspiring to, but also to enjoy my wins.